CentOS-7 is now powered by version 3.10.0 of the Linux kernel, with advanced support for Linux Containers and XFS (is a high-performance 64-bit journaling file system) as the default file system. It’s also the first version of CentOS to include the systemd management engine, the firewalld dynamic firewall system, and the GRUB2 boot loader.
CentOS 7 supports 64 bit x86 machines. MySQL has been switched with MariaDB.
Data recovery is the process of salvaging and handling the data through the data from damaged, failed, corrupted, or inaccessible secondary storage media when it cannot be accessed normally. The data is recoverable because the information is not immediately removed from the disk.
Now-a-days many tools are available for recovering lost data. Two of most popular tool available are Scalpel and Foremost.
In this article, lets see how to recover lost data using these tools . (more…)
Lighttpd is an open-source web server which is more optimized for speed-critical environments than common products. It is a high quality lightweight web server which is well suited for hosting dynamic content websites. It supports CGI, FastCGI, SCGI and HTTP protocols.
- Lighttpd is a secure, light, fast and very flexible web server which is designed and optimized for high-performance environments.
- This web server can be used in a low memory servers, because it uses very low amount of main memory than other web servers such as Apache and nginx. That is, lighttpd occupies a different, low-resources area in the memory/CPU.
- Lighttpd is an asynchronous server. ie, It runs as single process with a single thread and non-blocking I/O and thus there won’t be much overload issues.
- It is the efficient web server to be used if we have more number of connections since it takes care of the CPU load. And it is the best solution if the server has load issues.
Apache is a process based server. ie, Each simultaneous connection requires a thread and which in turn results significant overhead in the server. If there is a low volume of connections then there isn’t much difference between these three web servers such as httpd, lighttpd and nginx.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), provides developers and IT teams with secure, durable, highly-scalable object storage. Amazon S3 is easy to use, with a simple web services interface to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere on the web.
This article is explain about of how to take cPanel backup to amazon s3.
First thing you need to setup your S3 server and create a bucket to dump stuff in. Get your secret key ID and access ID by the following steps.
1. Login to your Amazon S3 account (https://console.aws.amazon.com/console/home) or create for a new account from the http://aws.amazon.com/console/. (more…)
Vesta control panel is a free and open source control panel in Linux. Using the Vesta control panel administrator can manage the website in his VPS and which support different flavors of Linux, supporting operating systems are RHEL 5 & 6,CentOS 5 & 6,Debian 7,Ubuntu 12.04/12.10/13.04/13.10/14.04. Last version of Vestacp released on 2014/08/05 and which has plenty of useful features.
Features of Vestacp
- Simple and Clean graphical user interface
- License on GPL
- Auto update
- DKIM support
- Fast backups
- AntiSpam / Antivirus
- SSL certificates and System Monitoring
Installation of Vestacp
1. connect to your server as root via SSH
# ssh root@hostname (more…)