* Exim was written by Philip Hazel at the University of Cambridge in 1995.
* Written using the basic philosophy of Smail
* The name was derived from “Experimental Internet Mailer” as the outcome of the project at start was unknown.
* Exim is Open Source and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
* Exim is a Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
AJAX AND ATLAS
* RPM Forge is the 2nd party RPM repository
* It is an independent community-driven project to provide the infrastructure and tools to allow users, developers and packagers to meet and work together to provide and to improve RPM packages.
* This project already supports various Linux distributions and architectures and is fast expanding.
The main contributors of RPMForge are:
* Dag Wieers
* Dries Verachtert
* Matthias Saou
* Jeff Pitman
* Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
* Bert de Bruijn (more…)
* MySQL (pronounced “my ess cue el”) is an open source database management system.
* It uses Structured Query Language (SQL), the most popular language for adding, accessing, and processing data in a database.
* MySQL is noted mainly for its speed, reliability,and flexibility. (more…)
This is an attempt to collect everything needed to know to get LVM up and running. The entire process of getting, compiling, installing, and setting up LVM will be covered. Pointers to LVM configurations that have been tested will also be included. This version of the HowTo is for LVM 2 with device-mapper and LVM 1.0.8. All previous versions of LVM are considered obsolete and are only kept for historical reasons.This document makes no attempt to explain or describe the workings or use of those versions.